Thursday, August 20, 2009

To the Ends of the Earth

I don't know that I can really pinpoint a challenge for the past couple of days, other than a great impression on my heart. I have been reading Psalm 67 this week, and it is really impacting me strongly. I will probably blog more about it later on the thoughts blog, but what I want to share of the challenge is this... This Psalm was written for a nation that was not evangelistic. The Israelites were God's chosen people. There were laws for accepting foreigners into the assembly, but, other than a few prophetic messages, there wasn't really an edict to go and tell the world about the one true God. Yet this psalmist was passionate about just that - passionate that the blessing of God's people would show the world that their God was true and would bring salvation to the ends of the earth and put God's praise on every tongue. So many of us as American Christians are so apathetic about our faith that we could care less who else hears. We don't want to admit it, but it's true. I am challenged this week to change that in myself. I want to be contagious. I want to be so sold out for the Lord that His work in and around me brings praise to His precious Name!! I want every breath of my passion to be about God's work! Every breath! This is where I am being challenged right now, and this is how I long to grow.

No comments: