Monday, June 1, 2009

Wise Behavior

To know wisdom and instruction, to discern the sayings of understanding, to receive instruction in wise behavior, righteousness, justice and equity; to give prudence to the naive, to the youth knowledge and discretion, a wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel Prov 1:2-5 (NASB) There are times when it is very hard for my mind to wrap around the truth that God, the almighty Creator and Ruler of the entire universe, desires to teach me. He loves it when I receive His teaching and knowledge. And, to be honest, I really love to learn. There is nothing as exciting as receiving illumination from Him. But, I have realized that all to often I soak up the learning but then neglect the application. Learning is not just for the sake of increasing in knowledge. It must result in "wise behavior" if it is to truly be effective and useful. My challenge is to be more active in the application of what the Lord is teaching me, especially here in my home. I so passionately long to be like my Savior and I have so far to go! But, each step adds up - I'll never get there if I don't actually take those steps!

No comments: