Saturday, June 13, 2009

Not a Checklist

This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Gal 3:2-3 (NASB) Do you ever just need a reminder of things that you've known for what seems like forever? I do. These verses were just that reminder. You see, I like to have a checklist. I like to know that once I've checked everything off the list, my task will be accomplished. I know that I can't grow in Christ that way, but there are times when I get sidetracked and try to do it that way anyway. But it doesn't work that way. Yes, I must practice obedience, but the obedience in and of itself does not draw me closer to Christ and perfection in Him. The thing that brings me closer to Christ is the relationship behind the obedience. Thank You, Father, for that reminder.

No comments: