Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chosen

But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, descendant of Abraham My friend, you whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called from its remotest parts and said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.' Isaiah 41:8-10, 13 (NASB) Sometimes I forget...sometimes I fear. When I feel pressed in upon, I don't let myself remember that I have been chosen! If God has chosen me, He is not going to reject me. I am His eternally. Period. I have been handpicked to be His child, and the promises He has made in His Word apply to me! So, today, I am challenged to remember. And then I am challenged to live like I remember - live with no fear; live in His strength. For, He is the Lord my God who upholds my right hand!

No comments: