Tuesday, June 16, 2009

He Searches

All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the spirit. (Prov 16:2 ESV) I tend to be wordy, and I've tried to apply my wordiness to this verse. I've tried to type out the depth of what I was thinking as I read it. But, it really comes down to a very simple question - the question that popped into my mind when I read this verse; the question I wrote in my journal immediately after I thought it. Am I willing to ask God to let me see myself through His eyes? There are days when I exult in the way He's working in me and growing me. Then something happens that reminds me how far I have to go. 1 Chron 28:9 reminds me how deeply the Lord searches my heart. He knows so much more about me than I know about myself. He alone truly knows where I am versus where I need to be. So, here I am, challenged to not trust in my own perspective of where I am. I am challenged instead to completely follow His leadership as He grows me. It may seem like a "no-brainer" challenge, but living it out on a daily basis can be elusive for me. Lord, I don't want to see myself through Your eyes. I just want to see You. And I want to be like You. Thank You that Your Holy Spirit within me makes that possible. Please teach me Your ways that I may allow Him more free reign in my life with every passing day. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: