Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's About Him

Nearly two months ago, I was greatly comforted, encouraged, and challenged by Psalm 143. I committed to memorize the Psalm as I sought to apply its message to my heart. I confess I still don't have it 100% memorized because I've done more studying and reading of it than actively committing it to memory. But, I have read it nearly every day since May 4, and I have learned so much, sometimes through individual verses and sometimes through the psalm as a whole. Today it was through the Psalm as a whole. I was struck by how many times it was all about God. I went through and made a list of everything that was about Him - even where David said "I" and "my" it always seemed to turn around and point back to God! I seem to make a lot of things in life about me. In truth, nothing is about me. So, why do I live that way? This day, this life, this very existence is all about Him. It's all for His glory. It's about His righteousness, His justice, His lovingkindness, His works, His way, His protection, His ability to rescue, seeing His face. I want to live that way - not only losing focus on myself, but acknowledging that everything, without fail, comes back to Him.

No comments: