Monday, June 29, 2009

Doing it His Way

But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh. Gal 5:16 (NASB) It's such a simple statement...it makes it all seem so easy. So, why is it that all too often the yuk of Gal 5:20-21 is evident in my life rather than the beauty of the fruit of the Spirit found in Gal 5:22-23? I am told to walk by the Spirit, abide in Christ (John 15:4), and show love for Him by obeying His commandments (John 14:15). I am so far from that, but He loves me immensely anyway. He welcomes me with open arms even on my worst days, of which there are many - those days when Gal 5:20-32 describes me so much better than does Gal 5:22-23. But the more I know His love - the more I am welcomed into His presence - the more I am passionately driven to walk by His Spirit. Oh how I want to do things His way today, this hour, this moment.

No comments: