Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's All Him!

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your body and refreshment to your bones. Prov 3:7-8 (NASB) Sometimes we all feel like we deserve a pat on the back for something we've said, done, or succeeded in. That's all well and good, but the glory still must go to the Lord. It is only through His wisdom, guidance, and power that we're able to succeed in anything at all! I've seen Him work in me and in my home this week. He's shown His hand in many ways, and it's only Wednesday! There is the tendency in it all to say, "Yes! We've succeeded! We've made it this far, and things are looking better!" But, the truth is that the only reason I've seen any success is because He keeps reminding me of His Word and His instructions to me! I've only succeeded because He has strengthened me. I've only succeeded because of the Holy Spirit moving within me. My challenge is to continually acknowledge that. If I do, He will continue to work. If I don't, He just might let me see how "successful" I am on my own - just a little reminder of where the success really comes from!

No comments: