Friday, February 27, 2009

You will make known to me the paths of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Ps 16:11 (NASB) Two thoughts are with me this morning. One is from some things I blogged about yesterday, and ties in to this verse. Whether life is mundane or exciting, the joy is not in the circumstances. It's in our Lord Himself. Period. As I go through the day to day life that He has put before me, I must find my joy in Him and find my fulfillment in the fact that I am His child. Everything else in this life is bound up in that, and if I find joy in Him first, I can carry that joy into the day to day mundane, the exciting moments, and the tragedies of my life. The second thought has just been mulling around in my mind this morning, and it really has no specific verse - although I believe all through Scripture there are passages that deal with this. We often take Scripture so lightly. We fluff over it and draw out meaning that we want to emphasize, ignoring the depth of the Word. I am as guilty of it as the next person. And I am convicted. I cannot take God's Word lightly anymore. I take back my earlier statement - I do have a verse. It is 2 Tim 2:15...Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the Word of truth. As I study for my own growth; as I learn to teach my children; as I prepare to teach my Sunday school class; as I look forward to facilitating a women's Bible study - in all I do, I must be diligent to truly study and accurately handle His Word. I will be held accountable.

No comments: