Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Waiting in Silence

My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. Ps 62:5 Obviously, it's been a few days since I've posted...I haven't been home much thanks to a major plumbing problem at our house. I was convicted on Day 2 of this whole mess that I wasn't really waiting for God very well. I realize from so many examples in Scripture that it can be okay to be frustrated, discouraged, irritated, etc. But, we must still be focused on our God and Savior through it all. He had to give me a little nudge to get me back on track, which is understandable. But, then I read this verse yesterday. Obviously, I love words. I love to talk and I really love to write. I am definitely a wordy person. I tell it all, sometimes multiple times. But this verse talks about waiting in silence. When we wait in silence, no one else is burdened by our situation, but also no one else can step in and take care of something that God wants to take care of. When we wait in silence, we don't mess up, giving glory to our problems instead of to God to whom all glory belongs. I don't wait in silence very well, and I'm challenged to change that. I'm challenged to finish out this experience focusing my words on His glory. I'm challenged to approach any new challenge in the same way, for my hope is in Him.

No comments: