Monday, February 16, 2009

Plans

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established. Prov 16:3 (NASB) I am not very motivated today. I don't feel all that well, and we've been out of routine for over a week, first from displacement and then from exhaustion due to the displacement. We were only able to go do our exercise routine twice last week, and we had to change our bedtime and wake-time schedules to fit with the adjustments that had to be made due to our circumstances. I am a creature of habit, and with all of the chaos of last week, my habits have been thrown a bit out of whack. I am struggling. God brought this verse back to my mind today, though, and once again I am reminded that it is not about me at all - it's about God. I am reminded to commit everything to the Lord - my desires for the day, my health, my needs. I am reminded to make Him the center of all motivation. I exercise and eat right to honor Him through this temple. I get up on time to establish and maintain my daily communication with Him. I keep our house in order to be a good steward of all He's given me. Today as I try to get back in gear and as I look around at a very cluttered house, I don't feel like doing anything. I feel a bit overwhelmed. But I'm reminded and challenged as I get going with this day to commit it all to Him. This day might not go exactly as I plan it, but if I surrender and commit to Him, He will handle it all without any worry from me. He has the strength and motivation I need. He knows the events of the day and knows how I need to fit into them. So, today I will commit it all to Him and allow Him to establish the plans of this day.

No comments: