Wednesday, February 4, 2009

God's Perfect Vision

The LORD is in His holy temple; the LORD'S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men. Psalms 11:4 (NASB) One thing that stands out about Job is that when things went badly for him, he doubted everything - He believed that God was still God, but not that He was God's beloved. We look at him and say, "But, God knows what's going on! He hasn't forsaken you!" But how often do we do the same thing? How often do we sit and try to analyze why God is not seeming to work on our side, why He has allowed grief to descend upon us, what we've done to make Him so angry? I know I have done it, many times! Lately circumstances haven't been perfect for me and my family, but, to be honest, we've seen God's hand a lot. We've seen Him work in the difficulties we've gone through. But I remember times in the not so distant past when we didn't see His hand - at least not at the time. We can look back and see how He held us up, but it wasn't at all obvious then. I'm sure those times will come in the future as well, and I see many of my friends and loved ones who are there right now. But, I am challenged to be constantly aware that God is continually on His throne. Nothing surprises Him. He sees it all, and He engineers all circumstances for His glory. Period. He never explained to Job why those horrible things happened to Him. He just reminded Job of His sovereignty and power, His authority and control. No matter my circumstances, I must acknowledge that His character has not changed - He still loves me more than I can fathom, and He still is glorifying Himself as must happen.

No comments: