Friday, February 6, 2009

Do I Really?

Some boast in chariots and some in horses, but we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God. Psalms 20:7 (NASB) Last weekend one of my challenge posts was about the stretching of my trust in the Lord. I mentioned that I knew I was still just dipping beneath the surface of my trust in Him. And, it has held true throughout this week - He continues to stretch me. Those of you who read the ways He's challenging me might get tired of reading posts about that trust growing, but that seems to be where I will be for a while. Someone had an obligation to us over the course of this week. Last night they showed that they did not choose to follow through with that obligation, and it has caused us problems - and will continue to cause issues. It will also cause us to make adjustments in our relationship with them because we can no longer rely on them as we have in the past. But the true issue here is not their dependability. Instead, it continues to be where I place my trust. Do I really trust in God or do I trust in other people to live up to their end of the deal? If I trust in other people, I will always be let down. God has promised to take care of us - can another person truly thwart that promise? Of course not! But, do I truly live like I believe that another person lacks that ability? Not really. According to this verse, my trust in the Lord my God must be so great that I don't just rely on Him, I boast in Him! It's not that I share with others what He has done. He is so faithful that before we even see the result of His work, we can look at someone else and say, "Hey, look what my God is going to do." So, as I look into the coming weeks and the issues that will result from this week's problems, I say to you that my God is awesome, and He's already taken care of all the details. I will boast in Him!

No comments: