Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Reminder

Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31 (NASB) I've been feeling somewhat blah over the past few days. Nothing has been quite satisfactory. I've not been very motivated. It's taken less and less to irritate me. I've been discouraged easily by the fact that I'm working so hard on certain things and not seeing great progress. Then God whispered into my ear...He asked me where my focus was. I know I've said it before, but today I will say it again - and I'll probably say it many more times. We are to have no motivation aside from the glory of God. I don't homeschool my children so that I can be in control of their education - I do it for God's glory, and the fact that I know exactly what they're learning is a side benefit. I don't exercise and watch my eating to fit back into old clothes again - I do it for God's glory because He has called me to be disciplined and to be attentive to the fact that my body is His temple, and being healthier and fitting into old clothes is a side benefit. I don't do my chores to achieve a clean house - I do it for His glory because He has called me to be a good steward of all He has given me, and a clean house is a side benefit. Get the picture? I am challenged to remember this today. It will make a difference, and my mood will change. I will glorify God better if my attitude is better. So, here I go!

No comments: