Monday, February 2, 2009

Letting Him Teach

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. Psalms 32:8 (NASB) It is amazing to me how many times I make decisions with my own wisdom regardless of how much I want to follow Christ and honor Him in all things. Yesterday morning I made a list in my journal of some things weighing on my mind. I gave them to my Lord, and He took care of them. But, when I looked back over them this morning and made notes on how He spoke through the course of yesterday, I realized that I had a wrong approach to several of those requests from the get-go. There was something I thought we just had to work into our school day to help Olivia with some of her attention issues, so I simply asked that God give me wisdom to know where to put that activity into our day. This morning He showed me that I never asked Him if He wanted us to do the activity in the first place! Oops! On the surface of things, I fully desire to seek Him in all I do. But, in the practical working-out of that, I am so entrenched in my ways that often I don't even think to seek Him. So, He is challenging me to grow in that area. As I come before Him anew each morning, He is showing me new ways to submit to His authority and sovereignty as He teaches me in the way I should go. I am so thankful that He is a patient Teacher, and I am challenged to be submissive to that teaching at all times.

No comments: