Monday, February 23, 2009

Can't Do it Without Him

These were the verses I was praying over Doug and myself this morning... I will come with the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, Yours alone. Psalms 71:16 (NASB)

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; and confirm for us the work of our hands; yes, confirm the work of our hands. Psalms 90:17 (NASB)

I have prayed these verses at least once a month (if not more) for many, many months, but every time I see them, the impact of them is extremely powerful. And God does not fail to bring them to my attention on a regular basis, drawing me back to a right attitude. This morning was no exception. I can do nothing apart from Him! Period. I can't even clean my house apart from Him! Why? Because apart from Him I could care less if I am diligent! I'm selfish and preoccupied with things that fulfill my desires! Every now and then I fall away from the diligence I know He's called me to, and I grow so frustrated. I feel like I don't have time - like I will spend all day doing what I have to do, leaving no time for what I want to do. I've been like that lately. And once again, God draws me back by reminding me that I can't do anything - not one single thing - without Him providing the planning, the strength, the time, and the energy. So, as He has reminded me yet again (will I ever truly learn?), I am challenged to walk in that reminder and in His strength alone, exulting in His righteousness by acknowledging that His mighty deeds include giving me breath, and letting Him confirm the work of my hands because it is His work in the first place.

No comments: