Friday, November 7, 2008

Willing to Truly Learn

Sorry I'm late today... 1 And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, 3 for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men? 1 Cor 3:1-3 (NASB) Bible-believing churches, especially in the US, are acting like babies who refuse to do anything but nurse. It is an epidemic throughout our churches, but it starts with individuals. If I refuse to consume the depths of God's Word and His teaching to me, then I hinder the body as a whole. I must be willing to accept not just the teachings that I like and that make me grow at my own speed, but the truths that make me mad or cut me deeply. I must be challenged to not just taste but eat what I've never tried before.

No comments: