Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Intercession

I have been less attentive lately to praying through the day in an intercessory manner. We know Scripture is full of the call to pray continually and intercede on the behalf of our family. Today I am challenged to return to a sensitivity to the things the Holy Spirit is desiring to lay on my heart. I have been there before, but I have been lax. I am challenged to discipline myself to remain focused in this area regardless of other challenges and areas of growth.

1 comment:

Al, Rachel and Hava said...

I could be wrong, but I feel like since we are called to "pray without ceasing" - it is just a continual conversation we maintain with the LORD all day. I find myself talking with Him in any situation and at very random moments of silence throughout the day. Like I said, I could be wrong - although I have some "sit down" prayer times, that is not my norm. Usually, it's just ongoing with no real beginning or end. Otherwise, I feel like I get very behind in making my "petitions known."