Monday, November 17, 2008

Everything for Him

As I was getting dressed this morning, it occurred to me that I was thinking the wrong way. I'm realizing that the things that "occur to me" are much more frequently the Holy Spirit speaking than just my thoughts rambling through my head. So, this morning I was thinking about getting dressed, having my time with my Lord, and then going through my schedule. That's where the thought stopped me. It's not my schedule. We often hear that we are to put Christ first in our lives. If that were the case, then having a "quiet time" in the mornings would be sufficient. It would gird us up for the day and then we could take care of our stuff. But I'm realizing that thinking that way is dividing my allegiance. I'm serving Christ and my schedule. I have another god. Ouch! It's all about Christ. Nothing else. If the schedule set before me is done as unto Him and with His approval, then great. If not, then I need to figure out why I'm doing things. So, my challenge today is to do it all for His glory. Period. For some things, that's easy. For other things, I'm not so sure. For instance, am I choosing my clothes and putting on my makeup to honor Him or to satisfy my vanity? Who am I pleasing? That's just one example, but throughout the day I will be faced, I'm sure, with the question "why am I doing this?" If it's not something that will honor Him, then why am I doing it?

No comments: