Monday, November 24, 2008

Late again...

I know I'm very late this morning. I have to be honest - I have nothing new. But, the truth is that none of this is new. It is just a sense of growing in what God has told us in His Word. Today my challenge is prayer again. I have been both physically on my knees during my focused time with my Savior this morning, and I have been spiritually on my knees as I've gone through the day. Even while talking to one of my dearest and most intimate friends this morning, my heart was constantly before the throne of God as He impressed on my heart words of encouragement to share with her. I have a one-track mind, and sometimes it's hard for me to multi-task. But, I am convinced that I have to learn to multi-task better in one area - praying at all times, in all things, without ceasing, and no matter what else is going on. I see so many times when His voice comes through in the midst of the hustle and bustle of this activity or that conversation. If I can't hear Him, I miss that chance to share a word of encouragement or guidance, or I miss that instruction as to how to go about a certain activity. He's always speaking and working, and again and again I am challenged to make sure that my heart and mind are tuned to hear His voice and see His hand that I may be in line with His work right here.

No comments: