Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Friend or Enemy?

You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself and enemy of God. Js 4:4 These are pretty harsh words to start the day, but they really stood out to me today. We as Christians look just like the world. Don't believe me? Check out our divorce rate, our debt, our possessions, what we spend our time doing, how often we suffer from stress-related diseases, how we raise and teach our children, what fascinates us. What we see among Christians matches what we see in the world. I have been feeling challenged for a while to be different - to LOOK different. Today God reminded me of that challenge very, very strongly. He reminded me that I have to be different, I have to stand out. I am praying He will show me what ways I need to specifically do that today. I'm asking Him to reveal things in me through the course of this day and days to come that look more like the world than like Christ, and I'm asking Him to show me specifically how I need to change those things.

No comments: