Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No People Pleasing!

15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NASB) This verse stood out for me months ago when I created a prayer calendar for my own use. It's kind of funny how God will have a verse or passage of Scripture apply to our lives one way at one point and then in a totally different way later. When I first saw it, my heart was receiving the instruction to be well-equipped in the handling of the Word of God. Today I had just been praying over my tendency to be a people-pleaser. I'm doing a lot better, but still many of my decisions are based on what people will think rather than on what God will think. This verse put a different spin on it. It's more than just needing to please God rather than people - it's the fact that if I God approves of me, there is no reason to be ashamed before anyone else! Many times I go ahead and do things God's way, but I feel like I have to justify my actions before people. That's completely untrue! If I am doing things God's way, then I have no reason to justify myself or be ashamed. Period. That is my challenge today - to not be ashamed of anything as long as I am being obedient to my God.

No comments: