Monday, November 3, 2008

Focused Mind

8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely , whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. 9 The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Phil 4:8-9 (NASB) The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You. Isaiah 26:3 (NASB) 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench the Spirit; 1 Thess 5:16-19 (NASB) I woke up this morning with the struggle for my mind already begun. Focus during my time with the Lord was difficult, as was my prayer time. Today I am challenged to actively refocus continually throughout the day, disciplining my mind to stay focused on the things of my Lord. I am challenged to not let my mind wander to unnecessary things, and to make sure that even the mundane shows a focus on the things of the Spirit.

No comments: