Thursday, November 20, 2008

No More Sin!

7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace Eph 1:7 (NASB) I am challenged today to truly consider my choices. For the past two days, among other things, I've lost my temper with my children - I have taken for granted the forgiveness that is offered to me, and allowed myself to proceed with sinful behavior with the full knowledge of forgiveness. If I stop and truly think about my day-to-day choices and behavior, whether conscious or unconscious, I will realize that much that I do takes advantage of the forgiveness of Christ without taking into consideration the cost. His amazing love - the love that drove Him to suffer the physical agony of not only crucifixion but the unimaginable pressure of the sins of the history of the world - should compel me to do all within my power to make choices based on a deep desire to be like Him. A passion to be blameless and pure, not simply because of His blood covering me, but because of my desire to offer my life a living sacrifice.

No comments: