Saturday, November 1, 2008

Seeking Him

My goal will be to typically get this challenge up first thing in the morning - well, as soon as I finish my morning time with the Lord. As today was Saturday and our schedule is much more relaxed, I'm just now getting to posting. Thanks for your patience. The Lord had given Israel the Law. Moses was in the process of giving to the people the words of their God. He had just told them that the time would come when they would fall away from the Lord their God and be scattered, taken away by the pagan nations around them. Then he gave them a hope, a promise of what would happen after they'd been taken away into captivity... 29 "But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. Deut 4:29 (NASB) I am challenged today to hold nothing back. I am challenged to seek Him with everything I am, asking Him to reveal the areas where I am seeking the things of this world instead. Where it is hard, where it is easy, where it is mundane, I will seek Him. I know this is not a one-day challenge but a life challenge. Lord, I long to seek You! 9 "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind ; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. 1 Chron 28:9 (NASB)

No comments: