Monday, December 29, 2008

Words of Encouragement

But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. Heb 3:13 (NASB) I have been greatly convicted of the need to be more "vocal" in my encouragement of others. When I know of a need, I am very quick to pray. Anyone can be assured of my prayers, that I guarantee! I find great delight in that. I love being behind the scenes, lifting people up and then seeing the answers to prayer and being able to rejoice in that. I'm not a call, write a note, sit with you kind of person. If I can shoot you a quick email, I probably will. Beyond that, though, I tend to stand back and just pray. God has been challenging me that I am not interacting with others as I should. When I pray for someone, that person needs to be told! If there is something specific that the Lord has laid on someone's heart to pray for me, and I'm seeing God work in that way, it is a huge boost to my faith to be told that someone was praying in that direction. I must do that for other people! I must verbalize the encouragement. That means stepping out of my comfort zone in a huge way to make phone calls and write notes at the very least. Sometimes it means going to someone. I am challenged to put social interaction behind my prayers.

No comments: