Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Standing Up

When they had departed from him (for they left him very sick), his own servants conspired against him because of the blood of the son of Jehoiada the priest, and murdered him on his bed. So he died, and they buried him in the city of David, but they did not bury him in the tombs of the kings. 26 Now these are those who conspired against him: Zabad the son of Shimeath the Ammonitess, and Jehozabad the son of Shimrith the Moabitess. 2 Chron 24:25-26 (NASB) Joash was responsible for the death of the prophet who spoke against his evil deeds. But, there was not a single Judahite who stood up and was willing to avenge the death of the prophet! Instead we find the sons of two foreign women. Their fathers are not even mentioned, and we have no idea if there was even any Israelite blood running through their veins. Yet they were the ones to stand and avenge the death of the prophet of the Lord. Last night Doug showed me an article about an atheist who has stated that the only true solution for Africa is not more social reforms but the true heart change that can only be brought about by a relationship with God! I am convicted and challenged that oftentimes I am not the one standing up for my faith or for the things of God. Many times the people who really have no reason to put forward the message of my Savior are the loudest voices in His favor. Where am I? Why am I not standing up and taking action? I must be! I must take my stand and be bold for my Savior. It is my job, for I am His child.

No comments: