Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Joy

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near . Phil 4:4-5 (NASB) It seems that I regularly need to be reminded to rejoice. I'll be doing well, and then I'll start to slack off. Then I'll have a rotten day - like yesterday. Many things seemed to go wrong from the get-go. I got up late, struggled with a "quiet" time because of the chaos of not being able to have that time alone with the Lord before the kids were up, didn't get as much done in the morning as I'd hoped, had a rough time in school with Olivia and her math, and then messed up an ornament we'd spent a good deal of time making. Stress piled up and I was frustrated. I did not rejoice yesterday. As I got up this morning (a little earlier, thankfully!), I was asking the Lord to show me how to make today better than yesterday. He reminded me that it's greatly in my attitude. Junk will show up throughout the course of a day, but how I face it determines how smoothly the junk is turned into blessing. So, today I'm reminded to accept the challenge to rejoice always. Oh, and the gentle spirit thing? Yeah, well, that wasn't very evident yesterday either - working on that one, too!

No comments: