Tuesday, December 23, 2008

He Will Strengthen Me

For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. 2 Chron 16:9a (NASB) These words were spoken to Asa, king of Judah, after he chose to rely on the king of Aram for support instead of God. I've probably used this verse before, either on this blog or the thoughts blog, but it struck me again today, and I can't ignore it. There's more to the verse... You have acted foolishly in this. Indeed, from now on you will surely have wars. 2 Chron 16:9b The Lord longs to strengthen us, but we look so many other places for our strength and support. I can't imagine why! Just as the Lord had strengthened Asa to conquer armies that should have massively overwhelmed his own, so the Lord could have strengthened him to conquer his most recent threat - the king of Israel. In the same way, I often rely on the Lord through one thing, but then falter in the next. The result is that I see great victory when I rely on Him, but failure in the smallest issue that I try to solve myself or with the world's help. I am challenged to make sure that I do not falter. I must keep my heart completely His, for He is just waiting to strengthen me. What a treasure!

No comments: