Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Strength

He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Isaiah 40:29 (NASB) I woke up this morning feeling less than well. I have the typical sinus pressure and gunk of this time of year, and I would rather be in bed right now. I don't want to face this day. I don't want to deal with responsibilities. Typically when I feel this way, I am not a very fun person to be around. I barely have what I need to deal with the basic aspects of functionality, and I don't need anything or anyone to add to my distress. That's a pretty selfish way to spend this day! God promises strength to the weary. If I don't feel well and don't have much in me, then maybe I need to back off of relying on what I have and step up in relying on what He has to give. He has promised to give me strength. He has promised to supply all my needs. He has promised to be everything I need. All I have to do is receive. I have to determine that I will not be selfish and holed up in my little pity party. I will accept the strength and provision He is offering. My challenge today is to put aside my own idea of how my day is going to be because of my physical condition and instead accept God's offer of strength and sustenance.

No comments: