Monday, December 15, 2008

Move Over

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10 (NASB) "If we will but let our God and Father work his will with us, there can be no limit to his enlargement of our existence, to the flood of life with which he will overflow our consciousness. We have no conecption of what life might be, of how vast the consciousness of which we could be made capable." George MacDonald There is a depth of existence, the surface of which I occasionally scratch. I read through Scripture and biographies of people who were passionately in love with our Lord, and I see an abundance of life that stretches through every experience and emotion. That's what I long for. But, I know there is a great deal of "me" that has to get out of the way first. In order to receive the abundant life that Jesus talks about, I must forego my life. I am so greatly challenged this morning to get out of the way. Over the past few days my family has not seen Christ - they have seen me, and I have not been pretty. That's not abundant life, for myself or for those I love. I must get out of the way, permanently.

No comments: