Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pay Attention!

For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do no drift away from it. Heb 2:1

I backtracked a little today. I felt like I was just flying through the first couple of chapters of Hebrews and not really taking it in, so I went back and reread the first part of chapter 2. I think maybe those thoughts are part of why Hebrews 2:1 stood out to me so distinctly.

I have a tendency to learn something new, be wowed by it, and then move on with my life, practically forgetting the wonderful new lesson. It’s not enough for me to be initially wowed. I must be changed! It must become a part of who I am. Otherwise, what is the point of the learning?

So, today’s challenge is a simple one: pay attention. Remember. Practice. Make what I learn a part of my life that I may not drift away from the things I have been taught. It’s not enough to think it’s a great lesson, type out a few words about it, and then move on with my life. It’s only sufficient when I truly let it make a difference in my life.

No comments: