Monday, March 28, 2011

All Things

“You have put all things in subjection under His feet.” For in subjecting all things to Him, He left nothing that is not subject to Him. But now we do not yet see all things subjected to Him. Hebrews 2:8

How would I approach life differently if I truly believed that all things were subject to Christ Jesus, even when I can’t see that truth? All things. Every last little incident. Every person. Everything. The effects of that truth are tremendous.

It is hard to even begin to organize the thoughts rolling around in my head right now. There are several things we’ve dealt with lately that have either seemed too frustrating or too trivial to have been subject to His authority. Looking back on them now, I see the absurdity of even thinking that! Yet that is how I handled them - on my own with the influence of my own attitude. How could He have been more greatly glorified in me had I approached those things as being subject to Him?

I can’t go back and fix the attitude I’ve had in the past. I can’t change how I have approached life so far. But, I can change where I go from here. I am challenged to remember on a minute by minute basis that, whether I can see it or not, all things are subject to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There is no exception. I cannot even begin to imagine the change that will be wrought in my life if I remember to live in that understanding.

No comments: