Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eyes to See

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Ps 27:13

This morning I was reminded of Psalm 27. I love this Psalm. It is such an intimate cry of a hopeful heart. But, what is so beautiful about it is the fact that it is not a cry in a hopeful time. Instead, it is in the middle of a time when hope has to be intentionally sought. (Ps 27:9, 14) David is waiting. David is hoping. He is not seeing physical relief right now. But, he is feeling the spiritual comfort and peace of knowing that God’s hope is perfect.

I am challenged to always remember that the Lord’s goodness exists here and now. I just need the eyes to see it. When I am caught up in my own misery, I don’t have those eyes. But when I have the vision David had in this Psalm, I can often see God’s goodness even in the midst of the worst of circumstances. I can know without a doubt that His hand is upon me and His presence is near. That is the vision I hunger to have.

No comments: