Monday, January 26, 2009

Keep Going

Are you ever tempted to just sit back and enjoy life for a while after you've come through some great learning or activity? I am! The truth is that sometimes learning comes naturally. Notice I didn't say easily, because I've never found God's lessons to be easy. But, sometimes they just flow. Other times I have to actively dig in and search out those incredible truths God wants me to learn. All too often after the natural flow of learning has slowed, I don't dig in my heels and keep going. Instead I bask in the learning I've done. As a result, I tend to get lazy. This morning it dawned on me that I've been greatly enjoying what God's been doing in me and teaching me, and what He's been doing in our lives. But, I haven't been actively moving forward for about a week now. I've been starting to lean toward that spiritual laziness. God gave me a little nudge...Keep going. I've got so much more for you...be disciplined. So, I'm challenged to do just that. I won't stop. I'll dig. I'll explore. I don't have to be spoon-fed to learn! I know how to dig - I'm gonna get out that fork and knife and get back to cutting into my meat for myself. Woo-hoo! Let's go deeper together, shall we?

No comments: