Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Go and Tell

For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel. 1 Cor 9:16 (NASB) God has been doing so much in me lately and teaching me so much. I have come a long way, but I also have infinitely further to go. It does not tire me - it excites me. But, I am realizing something. I am not actively "preaching" the gospel! I am sitting here at home, teaching my children, which is exactly what God has led me to do. But, there is also a lost world out there - and there is a world of nominal Christianity out there. So, what do I do? I pray. I am challenged today to get on my knees with an intentional prayer - "Lord, use me to share Your gospel." I don't know how to do it in the life He has led me to live right now - I am at home with my children with no real outlet. So, I must be on my knees asking Him to place me in His situations, open my eyes to opportunities, open my lips to tell, and loose my tongue to speak the words of the Holy Spirit. I am challenged to increase my communication with Him that I am ready when the opportunity arises suddenly and without warning. I must pray.

No comments: