Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chore Book List

There are a few books in the Bible that tend to be a chore to go through. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but there are times when I don't exactly look forward to a book that I'm supposed to read yet again as I progress through the Bible. I must be honest, though - the number of those books is dwindling for me. This year 2 Chronicles obviously moved off that list as I discovered the riches found in the book that I had never seen before. Today I felt the urge to pray that Job would be removed from the list. Don't get me wrong, Job has a lot of awesome things in it. I love the story and the truths represented in that book. But, to actually move through it is tedious for me. As I started reading it today, I dove in with intense prayer. I read the introductory narrative today, but tomorrow I will begin with the arguments. My prayer is that the Lord will open my eyes as He never has before as I read through Job. My challenge is to make sure that I don't just trudge through it, but that I go into it each morning with prayer, a readiness to learn, and open eyes and mind. My challenge is to take Job off my "chore" list. What's your chore book? I would challenge you to prayerfully consider tackling it this year. Ask the Lord what He wants you to explore, because only His leadership will open your eyes to things that have eluded you before. Join me as I accept the challenge to knock one more book off my list!

No comments: