Monday, January 19, 2009

Joy of the Lord

Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Neh 8:10 (NASB) I wondered for a long time if the concept of the joy of the Lord being our strength was truly in the Bible. So, several years ago I actually looked for it, and I found this verse. I feel that the context of this verse is important, and I am also impressed with the thought that the Lord is wanting to teach me some things through this narrative and passage. So, I believe that He is challenging me to explore it deeper and allow Him to teach and grow me through what He shows me. You might be able to read in coming days what He is teaching me - or it might take a while to truly discern what the Lord is teaching me. But, that is the challenge - to explore, and leave the results to Him!

No comments: