Thursday, January 22, 2009

Acting on What I've Learned

I must confess - we are not in an easy time right now. We are being confronted with some things that God alone can deal with. There is no way we can engineer circumstances or work it out ourselves. It is not fun. It is not easy. At the same time, though, it's exhilarating! What a place to be - where God entrusts us with such a growing experiences. I am amazed at the peace I am experiencing right now. I know God's peace is beyond comprehension and His mercies are new every morning, but it's one thing to read that and another to experience that. Today I am challenged to maintain my trust in the Lord and in the fact that He will not contradict His character. His character is to keep His Word, and I do not even have to ask Him for that - He will not do otherwise. Period. Last week He led Doug to have us memorize this verse, and He has used it so much this week... 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:10 This morning He reminded me of a verse I ran across a couple of years ago, and we will be memorizing it this coming week... When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. Psalm 94:19 He is challenging me to remember these things and to constantly keep them before me. He is challenging me to put into practice what I have learned about living my entire life devoted to Him and not caught up in the things of this world. Pray with me, please, to stand firm in this challenge!

No comments: