Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hard to Put into Words

I haven't posted a challenge in a couple of days simply because it seems a bit vague to me. I know God is laying something on my heart, but I think it's more of a gradual dawning of some things that need to change within me. I know this for sure...I am challenged to not take a break! I have always gone through times of growing and then wanted so badly to just rest for a while. But my kind of rest is always rest from the growing, and it usually results in a pulling away from close communion with my Savior. Yes, I do need rest, but the rest I need is the kind of rest God Himself offers, and His rest includes a continuation of the growing process. I'm awaiting His daily instructions, whether to reinforce a challenge He's already given me or undergoing something new. Either way, some days the challenge will be something I can articulate and other days it will not. Meanwhile, right now as there seems to be a lull, I am challenged to learn what His rest means and how I am supposed to be growing through it.

No comments: