Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Imitating Christ Alone

Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ. 1 Cor 11:1 (NASB) I have so many thoughts running through my brain about this topic - I think it might have to be a thought as well! But, for now, I will try to limit it to my challenge. There are so many things of this world that we as Christians try to imitate or turn into something good. I am challenged to imitate nothing of this world! I am not trying to be friendly with the world. I am trying to share the Truth with the world. How can I do that if I am copying what the world does and just give it a "Christian" twist? Then what do I really have to offer? I must imitate Christ, period. I am called to be nothing less than a "little Christ." How can I do that if my focus is on changing things of this world? Things of this world are just that, of this world and therefore of death. Things of Christ are living, pure, perfect, holy. That is my source. That is my goal. I must imitate Christ, and Christ alone!

No comments: