Friday, January 28, 2011

This Moment’s Choice

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears our burden, the God who is our salvation. Ps 68:19

Sometimes I think of God as being above my burdens. Not that He doesn’t care. Not that He isn’t involved in my life. But, that He knows the solution, knows when it’s coming, and is up there just telling me to trust Him.

Not that those things aren’t true. He does know the answer. He does command that I trust and rest in Him.

But He does not expect that I handle all of it on my own. Instead, He daily bears MY burden.

Oh, how frequently I forget that He is not telling me to trust Him lightly. He is telling me to trust Him as He walks through it all with me. Even when I cannot see His hand. Even when I cannot see His solution. Even when I cannot see Him.

I am challenged once again to remember that I am not called to bear the burdens of this insane life on my own. In fact, I am commanded to not do so. I am commanded to not be anxious, to not fear, to not carry it all myself. I am walking in disobedience when I hang on to my burdens instead of putting them on Him to be borne in His strength. No wonder I walk so heavy-laden. Disobedience will do that to me!

It must be a daily, hourly, moment by moment decision. So, this moment, this hour, and this day, I will choose to remember that He bears my burdens. And, the next moment, hour, and day I will start all over again.

No comments: