Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Growth

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows every greater;  2 Thes 1:3

This verse excited me so greatly this morning.  Why?  Because in 1 Thes 4:9-10, Paul told the church that he was thankful they loved one another, but they needed to excel even more in that love.  2 Thes 1:3 shows that they did just that!

I love seeing lives changed.  It delights me to no end when the godly teach one another, and those who hunger to grow in Christ take heed to that teaching. 

Oh how I hunger to be one who is taught and whose growth is evident!  So often pride gets in the way and I buck against the teaching, but I desire to consciously change that trend. 

Visible growth is a beautiful thing.  And that is my challenge:  To accept the teaching of my spiritual leaders without irritation or pride and then to have those teachers come back and see my growth and rejoice in it. 

No comments: