Sunday, January 17, 2010

More Satisfaction

O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Ps. 90:14

In a recent post, I shared some thoughts on Ps 90:14.  This is a verse I frequently use in prayer over myself and my family, so I revisit it a great deal.  Today was one of those day of revisiting. 

Today the thoughts on this verse were not about rest or stuff – they were about relationships.  I crave satisfaction in relationships, but it’s not something I always find.  I frequently fail, in fact.  In some way, shape, form, or fashion, I fail the people I long to relate to.  Some days it’s family, some days it’s friends.  Whoever it is, I frequently feel (whether justified or not) that I either upset them or fall short of their expectations.  The result is a lack of satisfaction – sometimes both sides not being satisfied, but frequently simply my own dissatisfaction with the relationship.

Perhaps the problem is not my failure in the relationship – or theirs either.  Perhaps the problem is my lack of satisfaction in the right relationship.  Am I satisfied with the lovingkindness of my precious Savior?  Do I find what I long for in His arms rather than seeking it from other people? 

I am challenged to be sure to find lovingkindness in Him first and foremost and let Him guide the rest of my relationships to a place of beautiful satisfaction. 

No comments: