Friday, July 10, 2009

No Slacking!

Like vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so the slacker is to the one who sends him [on an errand]. Prov 10:26 (HCSB) I made my to-do list early in my quiet time this morning as I prayed over how I needed to organize this day. As I looked at it, I saw all of the things that I'd rather put off. I can do them later, can't I? It will be okay! Then I read this verse. The truth is, I am depended upon to complete these tasks. Some by my family, some by people outside my family...and some of it is just between me and my Lord. Unfortunately, I do tend to be a slacker when it comes to certain tasks, especially tasks that I don't really enjoy. If I am a slacker instead of being diligent, I have a pretty negative effect on those around me. And as my children have slacked this morning, I've seen that one of those negative effects is that of setting a bad example for my kids! So, here I am, working through my whole list. Even though there are several things I'd love to skip and replace with other, more enjoyable tasks, I am not going to do it. I am going to be diligent. I am not going to be a slacker. I am going to honor my word. And, just for the record, this blog post was on the list!

No comments: