Tuesday, July 14, 2009

For His Glory

For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me. In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble. Psalms 143:11 (NASB) What is my focus when I go to the Lord with my troubles? Why is it that I want Him to bring me out of those troubles? Is it for His name's sake and the furtherance of His kingdom, or is it for my own comfort? I say very often that it is because I want to give Him the glory, but that's not always the truth. Today I believe it is the truth as I sit here in almost tearful praise over the thunderstorms that are sweeping through our area - and are supposed to continue all day. The Lord has taken what was supposed to be an unbearably hot day and cooled it off. And imagine the "coincidence" - our air conditioning went out yesterday. I am so excited about the idea of sharing the story of His faithfulness and goodness! But, I think one thing that is striking me right now is that I cannot say that the attitude that I've had yesterday and today is my consistent attitude in times of trouble. I want it to be. And that's the commitment I want to make - to desire to see His hand move in my troubles not for my own comfort (although I know that will come), but for His glory.

No comments: