Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Face Value

Doesn’t Wisdom call out? Doesn’t Understanding make her voice heard? Prov 8:1 (HCSB) It's amazing the ways God challenges my heart. It might be through an interaction with someone, a passing phrase in a book, an email, a thought that seems to come from "nowhere." He is quite creative in the ways He reveals Himself to me. But, the one consistency is this...He always confirms it through His Word. Always. Without fail. I'm reading aloud a book to the girls about a Wycliffe missionary to the Philippines. During her time working on translating the Bible for a mountain tribal group there, she was continually confronted with the reality that she did not regularly take God's Word at face value. As I read her story, I see much of the same truth in my life. God makes His wisdom and understanding readily available to me - they are clearly outlined in His Word, and He uses His work in this world to make them very real to me in day to day life. I am so humbled as I realize how much wisdom and understanding I am lacking. How I must take His Word at face value and accept that He is true! He is right! He is wise! He has perfect understanding! I am so challenged to grow in this.

No comments: