Sunday, July 26, 2009

Needy

Incline Your ear, O LORD, and answer me; for I am afflicted and needy. Psalms 86:1 (NASB) It dawned on me as I read this verse for the umpteenth time that I frequently do not see myself as needy. True, there are some mornings when the first thing in my journal is, "Lord, I need you so desperately today!" But, if I don't feel needy, I don't always acknowledge my neediness. The truth, though, is that I am needy on a daily basis. I just cannot do it on my own. I fail miserably every time I try! I need to acknowledge my neediness to the Lord on a daily basis. I wonder sometimes how much more clearly I would hear His voice, how much more readily I would see His hand, and how much more powerfully I would feel His presence if I would just acknowledge off the bat each morning that I cannot even take one step into the day without Him. How much stronger would I be if I would just begin my day acknowledging my weakness and need for Him?

No comments: