Thursday, July 30, 2009

Confession

This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth, and says, "I have done no wrong." Prov 30:20 (NASB) Okay, so I'm not an adulterous woman, but there are days when I am no better. Why? Because I move along in my happy little life and do not acknowledge many of the ways I grieve the Lord. The truth is, some of the things I do, think, and say day in and day out are wrong, but I just don't acknowledge them. I brush them aside and go on about my life. I need to confess rather than just continuing on my merry little way, convinced that I've done no wrong and my habits do no harm. After all...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10 (NASB)

Growth only comes when I put more of myself to death allowing more of Christ to live in me.

No comments: