Monday, May 10, 2010

Whittling Away the Limits

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?  Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God.  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God… 1 Cor 2:11-12
The Spirit of God dwells in me.  The Spirit of God knows the thoughts of God.  God, through His Spirit, gives those thoughts and His wisdom to me.  So, why do I continually feel so lacking in wisdom and understanding?
I was challenged this morning to ask the question: How do I limit the flow of wisdom from the Holy Spirit in my heart and mind?
I immediately sensed a couple of areas where I lack in focus and true attentiveness – areas that would prevent me from hearing and receiving.  So, today begins the process of working on those areas, knowing that tomorrow He could bring up more areas needing work.
It’s a bit overwhelming to think of the continual nature of this challenge.  I realize that I not only have to work on the things of this morning, but I also must continually ask today’s question that He may continually whittle away at the things that limit the flow of wisdom.  But, it’s worth it to me, knowing that the more He whittles, the more I look like Him.  And that, after all, is the ultimate goal!

No comments: